Sunday, December 22, 2013

A bouquet I brought for the table yesterday

I told a friend that I was feeling the broken parts of my heart today. He quoted Charlie Brown (a character in the Peanuts cartoons by Charles Schultz) --

"You know you've got a broken heart because the jagged edges poke you when you lay on your side."

Just the thought that my terrible despair was being met with a quote from a cartoon character made me smile and I remembered why life is so great. The randomness.

I can't enjoy the randomness when it is in my favor and revile it when it isn't. To love life, to know the joy of living I think takes willingness to endure the jagged edges. After all, however jagged the edges right now, everyone I care about is alive and well, including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment