Thursday, December 19, 2013

We turned in another application this morning at 8 AM for a place that we loved. An hour later the owner called and asked me to come pick up the application. He's leaving town tomorrow and the service he usually uses is not processing credit checks and he says he doesn't want to hold up up.

Just like the last application rejected, it was a blow. When you are looking and applying you feel very hopeful and when it doesn't work out the grim reality overcomes you like a dark tide. It's a momentary feeling of helplessness. For me personally it's a terrible feeling because I want so much to know that my elderly mother and our dear neighbor and the dogs will be okay. That to me is paramount. Yes I have to think of and look after myself. But making sure they are all okay is helping me get through this. It strengthens me to look after them all. So when the application is rejected my heart sinks.

So that was the morning. Okay, I thought (after balling my eyes out), I'll get back to the hotel and get back to work going over listings and making phone calls, hopefully applying again soon.

When we got back the hotel manager called us down to the lobby. I hoped it wasn't anything bad because I can only do one dissapointment per day right now, thank you.

We all get down there and Dave, the manager here at the Vagabonmd Inn in Pasadena and he wants us to know that an anonymous donor made sure we could stay here until the 5th of January.

How much goodness, kindness there is!

Know this--there is a lot of goodnes in the world, especially if you are looking for it.

Here's a little Casanova to brighten your day...




No comments:

Post a Comment