Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's truly a blessing to be in the hotel room with the kitchenette because now I can now follow the routine I had with the dogs which I am hoping will lift their spirits a little. Our usual routine was that after they went outside to take care of business they first sit down to let me remove their leashes then they sit quietly at the edge of the kitchen to await their baby carrots which is their reward for asking to go outside and waiting rather than using the indoors for their toilet. They love baby carrots.

I've been lavishing affection and praise on them as I usually do but I think going back to "normal" makes a difference for them.

It does for us as well. The more we do here at the hotel what we would do at  home the less overwhelming the situation is.

It's also extremely helpful to have people calling or texting to "check-in." It would be too difficult and overwhelming to have to do this without people checking on us and expressing their concern.

In so many ways we are extremely fortunate and incredibly grateful.

Thank you so much for your responses! It means everything.

Notice how Anabella is sleeping? Her leg stretched out, etc.? See photo of Willow below.

I think Anabella is finally feeling more peaceful. She has even picked up sassing at Willow again. She loves to stir up trouble with the other dogs. She makes extended effort preceded by plotting and scheming to entangle the other dogs in some drama over toys, territory, food. No we do not force them to sleep in their bondage gear. I keep them all geared up for the safety of staff and especially when we are transporting them or walking them because of the traffic. They were in a relatively safe place free from traffic where they could go outside back at the Red Tagged Inn (our poor damaged residence).

Anabella went through the Apocalypse. That had to be a terrifying experience for her. Mi chica. She ony understands Spanish. Did I mention that?

Here's what I get an eye full of when I tuck in at night:


Anabella instigates little antagonisms with Willow and at the same time mimics her more and more. They both worry if they don't know the others whereabouts and are constantly sniffing around for each other. Have a look at Anabella in the first photo and the photo below of Willow sleeping at the same time tonight.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment